Column Header
Follow us on Facebook! GU on Facebook!
CT Submarine Century

Service Information

How do I contact Customer Service?
Phone: 860-446-4000
Fax: 860-446-0183

How to apply for service?

If you are moving within Groton Utilities service area, simply contact us at 860-446-4000 to have your electric and/or water account activated. Please make sure to give us at least 2 business days prior to your move date to set up your service.
The following will be needed to apply for service:
  • Copy of lease / purchase agreement
  • Driverís license (photo ID) / Passport
  • If required, the Security Deposit must be paid at the time of service
  • Exact address for service, including apartment number
  • Previous address
  • Valid phone number
  • Employer information
  • Social Security Number

How do I terminate my utility service(s)?

If you need to arrange termination of your utility service, please call us at 860-446-4000. We require a minimum of 2 business days prior to your move to arrange for termination.

How do I pay my bill?

Groton Utilities currently offers several convenient bill payment options.

  • AutoPay: (Coming first of 2017)
  • Online Bill Pay: Pay your bill from the comfort of your home using Groton Utilities 24/7 online bill payment site. Sign up is easy. All you need is a valid email address and your most recent Groton Utilities bill.
  • Pay by Phone: Call Groton Utilities at 860-446-4000 option 1, available 24/7. You will need to enter your Seven (7) Digit Account Number, without the dash, as show on your bill. If the number in the account number field is only six (6) digits you need to add a "zero" in front of the last number. Example: 123456 need to be entered as 1234506.
  • Pay by Mail: To ensure quick and accurate payment processing, use the envelope provided with your statement.
  • Pay in Person: Payments are always accepted at our Customer Service Center from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Thursdays 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. and Saturday 8:00 A.M. to Noon.
For convenient after-hours payment, Drop Box is available outside the City of Groton Municipal Building at 295 Meridian Street

How do I make a payment arrangement?

If you currently have a past due balance and are struggling to make payments, we can help you create a payment arrangement to spread payments out over a brief period of time. If you are unable to meet the terms of your payment arrangement, it is important that you call us, so that we can work together to continue to address your needs to prevent interruption of service.

Click here for "Payment Agreement" Form