The Groton Utilities Water Division would like to make you aware of important information regarding the re-opening of facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether your business was completely or partially closed, there are steps you should take to ensure the quality of your water. As water sits for a period of time due to low or no usage the disinfectant within the water dissipates. This water quality degradation can become a serious issue.
The Connecticut Department of Public Health has published a guide on the procedure to clean water that may be compromised from low or no usage during the shutdown.
The Groton Utilities Water Division strongly recommends following this guideline for flushing stagnant water from your system in order to ensure the safety of your employees and/or customers.
For further information on water safety and flushing stagnant water see the resources below:
- Restoring Water Quality in Buildings for Reopening Checklist – EPA
- Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Buildings with Low or No Use – EPA
- Flushing Guidance for Periods of Low or No Use – ESPRI
For questions or concerns call:
- Steve Dietrich – Water Quality Manager – 860-446-4080
- Water Meter and Service Department – 860-446-4077
- Customer Service – 860-446-4000
Groton Utilities Water Division