Groton Utilities is updating its Home Energy Savings (HES) Residential Rebate Program to encourage residential customers to become more energy efficient and save money on their utility bills. Whether you heat your home with electricity, oil, or propane, you will want to take advantage of this service.
When the energy technicians come to your home and perform this service, you will receive four (4) LEDs free, if you have not participated in a HES Program earlier.
The HES program services, which are valued at approximately $1000, include:
• Up to 25 additional high efficiency light bulbs;
• Blower door testing and on-the-spot air sealing to eliminate drafts;
• Duct sealing to reduce duct loss (if you have a central system);
• Domestic hot water measures such as shower heads and aerators; and
• Health and safety testing
Groton Utilities will require a customer contribution of $100 for single family residents and a $50 customer contribution for condominiums, apartments, and multi- family residences. The customer contribution will be paid directly to Groton Utilities.
- For single family electric heated homes, Groton Utilities’ maximum HES rebate will not exceed $1,000.
- For single family non-electric homes, Groton Utilities’ maximum HES rebate will not exceed $750.
- For electric heated condominiums, apartments and multi-family residences, Groton Utilities’ maximum HES rebate will not exceed $500.
- For non-electric heated condominiums, apartments, and multi-family residences, Groton Utilities’ maximum HES rebate will not exceed $300.
If the customer installs a mini-split system, or a heat pump water heater, Groton Utilities will double the rebate amount for the qualifying equipment. If the customer participated in the 2019 HES program Groton Utilities will reimburse the customer double their HES contribution.
The term of the HES service is once every 5 (five) years.