The remnants of Tropical Storm Elsa with rain and potential high wind gusts will bear down on Connecticut early Friday morning, leading to the distinct possibility of power outages. As is always the case with significant storms the smart thing to do is to be prepared.
Groton Utilities crews will be at the ready and, in the event of a power outage, will do our very best to restore power as soon as possible while keeping our employees safe. Our electric linemen are spending the day today making preparations to all vehicles and equipment. We have contacted other utilities in the event that mutual aid assistance is necessary. Tree crews are at the ready for whatever issues may arise.
To report an outage call Groton Utilities at 860-446-4000. Please stay away from any downed wires you may encounter outside your home and on the roads.
Here are a few wind storm preparation tips:
- Be certain to have backup power options if you need powered medical devices.
- Make an emergency kit for at least three days of self-sufficiency.
- Stock up on batteries and have flashlights and candles on hand.
- Charge your mobile devices and power banks.
- Secure outdoor recreational equipment such as trampolines and double-check your pool cover.
- Consider alternate methods of cooking your meals in case there is a power outage in your area. Cooking your meal ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator is an option.
- Fill your propane tank for your gas grill. Never use your gas grill indoors.
- If you have generator check to see if you have sufficient fuel.
- Bring outside patio and lawn furniture, potted plants and any other loose outdoor items indoors. Close and secure all awnings and tie down any other loose items.
- Never use a generator inside your home. Locate unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors. Keep at least 20 feet from doors, windows, and vents.
- Clear your gutters and storm drains.
Update (7/4 1:21 pm):
Groton Utilities is pleased to announce that all water quality tests in areas affected by the water main break on 7/2/2021 have been finalized and officially document your water is completely safe to drink. The boil water advisory is hereby cancelled. Thanks to all our customers for your patience and cooperation. Please note the “boil water advisory” is a new policy and procedure mandated by State regulators. Groton Utilities was in complete compliance following those guidelines.
Update (7/2 12:54 pm):
Update (8:51 pm):
Update (8:25 pm):
The Boil Water Advisory has been extended to all customers north of Clarence B. Sharpe Highway, including Winding Hollow, Pamela Avenue neighborhood, Winthrop Drive neighborhood, Wayne Road neighborhood and all points in between.
If you have any questions call Customer Service at 860-446-4000.
Boil Water Advisory – https://bit.ly/gtnboilwater
Update (5:56 pm):
Update (4:52 pm):
Repairs crews are working on the water main problem now on Route 12 near KFC. If initial repairs are successful the affected area will be relatively local to that area. No areas to the west of this repair site are likely to lose water service. More information to follow.
Water Service Repair Notice (1:56 pm):