Commercial & Multi-Family Electric Heating, Cooling & Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Form
This pilot program is valid for all Groton Utilities/Bozrah Light and Power commercial and multi-family electric service owners who purchase and install a qualifying high efficiency heating and/or cooling system.
- Rebate for Commercial and Multi-Family Electric Heating and Cooling limited to 80% of projected total project cost. Mini-Split/Cooling rebate $3,000 per ton of HVAC or cooling.
- Rebate for Heat Pump Water Heater maximum of $3,500 per unit installed not to exceed cost of equipment. Equipment must have a UEF Energy Star rating equal to or greater than 3.0
- Where as a panel upgrade is required as part of the new HVAC and/or Heat Pump Water Heater installation a cap of $1,000 rebate is allowed but not to exceed 80% of the natural cost. Per residential unit and owners panel.
- Rebates are available to property owner.
- Only commercial or multi-family units (4 units or more) electric customers of Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light and Power are eligible
- Removable window installed room air conditioners are not included in this program
- Completed applications must be submitted within 30 days of the equipment installation to be eligible for rebates
- Must participate in the Groton Utilities Home Energy Savings (HES) Program
- Account must be paid in full and at a zero balance
Equipment Minimum Specifications
- AHRI Rated Central Air Conditioning Split System (non-ducted): SEER 16 / EER 13
- AHRI Rated Central Air Conditioning Packaged System (ducted): SEER 16 / EER 12
- AHRI Rated Air Source Heat Pump Split Systems (non-ducted): SEER 18 / EER 13 / HSPF 9
- AHRI Rated Air Source Heat Pump Packaged Systems (ducted): SEER 16 / EER 12 / HSPF 8
- Heat Pump Water Heater Energy Star Rating: Equal to or greater than 3.0
- Customer purchases qualifying mini-split/cooling/heat pump water heater
- Qualifying equipment is installed
- Customer completes the Rebate Application on this page, including the below documentation
- Attach a copy of the installing contractor's invoice
- Attach a copy of manufacturer invoice for equipment, which must include price, equipment type, make and model number.
- Attach a copy of the AHRI certificate (comes with condenser at purchase)
- Attach a copy of a recent electric bill
- Choose to have rebate amount credited to customers Groton Utilities account, a check or paid direct to contractor
Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. All rebates are granted at the sole discretion of Groton Utilities and are subject to change at any time.
Read - Terms And Conditions (PDF)
Please fill out the following form completely.