Groton Utilities residential heat pump water heater rebate program provides cash incentives for new or replacement energy efficient heat pump water heaters that meet high efficiency standards.
Currently Groton Utilities is running a promotion which will rebate the customer the full cost of the equipment (installation not included) up to a maximum of $2,500.
- Only residential electric customers of Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light & Power are eligible
- Must be installed by a licensed contractor
- Equipment must be Energy Star rated
- Equipment must have an energy factor of 3.0 or greater
- One rebate per municipal electric utility account
- Completed applications must be submitted within 30 days of the equipment installation to be eligible for rebates
- Account must be paid in full and at a zero balance
- Customer must purchase qualifying heat pump water heater
- Qualifying equipment is installed
- Local building official must approve installation
- Customer completes the Rebate Application on this page, attaching the below documentation
- Attach a copy of the installing contractor’s invoice
- Attach a copy of the equipment invoice
- Attach a copy of a recent electric bill
- Choose to have rebate amount credited to customers Groton Utilities account, have check paid to customer or paid direct to contractor
Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. All rebates are granted at the sole discretion of Groton Utilities and are subject to change at any time.