Groton Utilities has started a limited time, pilot rebate program for the acquisition of plug in electric cars (EVPI). How does it work, you may ask?
The program provides a $2,000 rebate for all electric vehicle purchases by Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light & Power customers, and a $1,000 rebate for electric vehicle leases by Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light & Power customers.
These rebates are available in addition to Federal tax credits worth up to $7,500 (Federal Tax Credits) and a State of Connecticut rebate worth up to $5,000 (CHEAPR). Within our local service area, several car dealerships have offered rebates on EV purchases in the recent past.
Groton Utilities has a limited number of rebates available and the Federal tax credit decreases after 200,000 vehicles sold of a particular model.
The program also provides an additional rebate up to $600 for an approved Level 2 charging station.
Customers must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Provide a copy of the most current Groton Utilities electric bill paid in full, i.e. showing a zero balance.
- Provide a proof of purchase of either an all-electric vehicle or an electric plug-in vehicle from any dealer selling new qualified EVPIs.
- Provide proof of a dedicated 240V circuit installed by a Connecticut licensed electrician and signed off electrical permit from the governing building inspector.
- The vehicle MUST plug into the Groton Utilities Distribution System.
- The customer must also pass a Groton Utilities post installation inspection.
To apply fill out the Electric Vehicle Rebate form below and return to Groton Utilities.Electric Charger Rebate Form