Groton Utilities residential Home Energy Savings Program, subsidized in part by a State of Connecticut grant, provides a comprehensive in-home energy assessment service for your dwelling which may include the following services:
- Air Sealing to prevent drafts and leaks in the house
- Duct testing and sealing
- Installation of low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators to save water
- Installation of energy-efficient LED light bulbs
- Incentives for insulation upgrades
**To get started call Groton Utilities contractor Lantern Energy Direct to arrange for an in-home appointment. Contact Lantern toll-free at 1-877-878-3006**
All Residential electric customers of Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light & Power are entitled to this service, cost dependant on the dwelling’s heat energy source.
- Groton Utilities / Bozrah Light and Power will provide up to $1,000 for apartments/condominiums and $3,000 for single-family homes for HES services.
- Call Lantern Energy Direct to arrange an in home appointment toll-free at 1-877-878-3006.
- Lantern Energy Direct assesses your dwellings energy use, installs conservation devices, and explains additional energy conservation incentives you may be entitled to.
- Lantern Energy Direct arranges additional energy conservation incentives if appropriate.
- Installation is completed at the Customer’s residence.