Hurricane/Tropical Storm Henri:
Update (8/23/21 8:51 AM):
Update (8:22 PM):
Lestertown Road and Jupiter Point Road area (including Avery Point) have had their power restored. We are currently working on restoring power to Poquonnock Road, which may take the rest of the evening.
Update (6:15 PM):
Electric line crews are out in the field determined to finish all remaining repair work by midnight tonight. Please be patient as we move our way toward full restoration. Check back for updates.
Update (4:38 PM):
Power has been restored to Gales Ferry Road and the Big Y Plaza.
Much of the town has had power restored at this point. Below is a list of areas that have yet to have power restored:
- 683 – 842 Poquonnock Road, including Village Lane, Ginger Drive and Lorraine Road.
- Avery Point Campus.
- 661 – 1010 Shennecossett Road, including Bakers Cove Lane, Jupiter Point Road, Pine Island Road and Bayberry Lane.
- Lestertown Road.
Crews are continuing their restoration efforts.
Update (3:45 PM):
Groton-New London Airport area has had power restored except for Poquonnock Road between Johl Drive and the intersection near Dunkin. That last area will take more extensive work.
- Wayne Road is back up
- Groton Long Point Power has been restored
- Gales Ferry Road is being worked on now. Could be soon.
- About to work on getting part of Groton-New London Airport area back up. Maybe in an hour.
Update (2:39 PM) – Bozrah Light and Power:
Power has been restored to the Noble Hill Road area.
Update (1:42 PM):
Power restoration work has begun. Approximately 80% of Eastern Point has had their power restored as of 1:20 PM. Power remains out for the area of Avery Point to Thomas Road. Crews are working on restoring power in a couple of areas and we hope to have more good news soon.
Update (12:39 PM) – Bozrah Light and Power:
Noble Hill Road area has no power. Crews are on the scene to make the area safe. Repairs will begin once the wind dies down.
Update (11:55 AM):
Outage Summary for Groton Utilities Territory:
- Eastern Point – 2,295 customers
- Groton Long Point – 758 customers
- Groton/New London Airport area – 564 customers
- Lestertown Road area – customer count unavailable
- Gales Ferry Road area – customer count unavailable
- Mumford Road area – partial power – customer count unavailable
Update (11:33 AM):
Groton Long Point outage has affected 758 customers. Eastern Point outage has left 2295 customers without power.
Update (11:27 AM) – Bozrah Light and Power:
There is currently an outage on Hough Road. Crews are onsite to make the area safe.
Update (11:17 AM):
Eastern Point area is without power from the Pfizer area south, through Plant Street, Eastern Point Beach, UConn.
GU crews are checking out a couple of small outages in the territory – Gales Ferry Road, Lestertown Road and Mumford Cove Road. As long as winds hold off we can have crews work on the problem.
|If you experience an outage please contact:|
|Groton Utilities Customers||860-446-4000|
|Bozrah Light and Power Customers||860-889-7388|